Car Rentals at Cape Town International
If you are seeing a blank page, please wait a few seconds till our booking engine loads…
Doing car rentals at Cape Town International offers customers the chance to have possession of a vehicle as soon as they land at the airport. Having a rental vehicle makes travel so much easier. You are better able to stick to a schedule, or make side-line trips, as you are in charge of the vehicle. The following companies can be used for car rentals at Cape Town international.
- First Car Rental- the company is proudly South African and operating for a while now with over 50 stores around the country. Their fleet satisfies both budget and luxury rental requirements. At First Car Rental, customers also have the option of being chauffeured in their hired cars. This service is available at Cape Town Airport.
- Bidvest- Bidvest may seem a new name in rental cars but they are a noted brand in the country. They had previously managed the Budget Group of rental vehicles but have now taken over completely in operations. Customers can still expect the same level of vehicle quality, service and ongoing specials.
- Avis Rent a Car- Avis is probably the most recognized brand on this list. You are sure to find an Avis branch almost anywhere in the world. In addition to commanding a huge fleet, they endeavour to give the best sales service. Avis Preferred is their loyalty club and can be used around the world.
- Europcar- Europcar is another international brand offering car rentals at Cape Town International. Their loyalty club is DriveClub and along with great benefits, members receive a 10 percent discount on all of their bookings. Other services at Europcar include a chauffeur drive facility and BusinessConnect which makes renting much faster for frequent business travellers.
- Hertz- Hertz offers a wide selection of vehicles and are not restrictive on the age policy applied by many other companies. So long as the main driver is 18 years old and is able to pay from a card in his/her name, then a vehicle can be hired from them.
- Woodford- is the largest independent car rental company in South Africa. Their customers remain loyal for the great service and constantly renewed fleet.
- Comet Car Rentals- at Comet, customers get to do their car rentals at Cape Town International for the long term, for budget hire, for luxury hire and even in cash.
- Thrifty- is more than just the vehicles, and keeping their customers happy is their number one concern. Hiring a vehicle from Thrifty means having support during the booking, pick-up and the rental period.
- Tempest Car Hire- Tempest is able to meet all travelling needs, be it business or leisure. Tempest opened 30 years ago as an alternative option to the global rental companies and to provide some personalized service to South Africans. Their formula proved successful and 3 decades later, they are one of the largest rental companies in the country.
How to Book from these Companies
With quite the listing of companies at the Cape Town Airport, it would be a logistical nightmare going between places checking on the daily rates and ongoing specials. Even if you were to tackle it online, there would still be the time consuming effort of visiting each rental agencies website. A solution comes in the form of our website, where looking for deals on car rentals at Cape Town International is a piece of cake. The booking engine makes easy work of things. The only selection needed would be the location (in this case it would be the Cape Town Airport) and the dates. Every single vehicle that is available to be booked from all of the companies will be given in a list format. It is just a matter of selecting one and moving on to confirming the reservation. Once done, the vehicle will be reserved for you at the Cape Town Airport branch. You will not have to pitch up to a rental store upon your arrival in the city hoping that they would have your vehicle requirement in stock. Cheaper vehicles get booked out faster and if there is a festival or major events in Cape Town, you would definitely want to secure your vehicle before the influx of visitors do.
Vehicle Types available for hire at Cape Town International
It is always some of the latest models of vehicles that customers can expect when doing their car rentals at Cape Town International. Vehicles are always cleaned before being let out to a new customer and regularly go through mechanical inspections. Vehicle brands may differ between the companies, but for more or less, the vehicle types are similar
Add-ons for car hire at Cape Town International
The following is a list of products that can be added to car rentals at Cape Town International. There is an additional charge per product but the added cost is worth it. For instance you can transport your bicycle much more securely if you have the outer car rack or keep your child much more secure within a child safety seat.
- Child safety seats
- Navigation units
- Bicycle racks
- Additional drivers
- Hand controls
Further Information about car hire at Cape Town International
- It may be stating the obvious, but to be able to do car rentals at Cape Town International, you would have to know how to drive. This is of particular importance also, because the person who pays for the vehicle must also be the main driver. The legal driving age in South Africa is 18, however most companies will insist that renters have a few years of driving experience.
- A few things must be brought to the branch, irrespective of whether you do an online or on site booking. The first is personal identification. This could be a South African ID or a Passport (for foreign renters). The second is documents to validate driving legality. This could be a South African Driving License or an International Driving Permit. The third would be the banking card which is used for payment.
- Always check the vehicle yourself before leaving the parking lot. You will be responsible for any damage that is spotted when the vehicle is returned and you do not want to pay for something that is not your fault.
- Return the vehicle on time and with a full tank of petrol. Failing to do either will land you a penalty fine.
- Most of the agencies offering car rentals at Cape Town International have loyalty clubs. If you are a frequent traveller and make use of rental cars quite a bit, then consider signing up. First of all, all personal, contact and payment details will be saved by the company and pulled up anytime you need to book a rental vehicle. There will be no need to constantly fill in this redundant information. Just log in, select your vehicle and be done with it, just like that. Second of all, you will rack up points just by renting the vehicle. These points can then be redeemed for a host of benefits.