Cape Town International Airport (CPT)
The parking provided for travellers and guests at Cape Town International Airport has been enhanced with the opening of:
- The pick up and go area which has relocated to the ground floor of Parkade 1
- A long stay parking option has been introduced in the Shade net 2 area.
The changes have been implemented to create further service improvements at the airport, improve convenience for airport users and to ultimately deliver a better service.
Some of the benefits…
- Proximity: the new pick up and go area in Parkade 1 is much closer than the current pick up and go area; it’s the first Parkade as you enter the airport.
- Ample time: With a 30 minute allocated time period, the new pick up and go area allows users ample time to collect their friends or family.
- Park to pick up: While in the past the driver had to wait in the vehicle when collecting someone, the option of parking the vehicle is now available. Remember not to exceed the 30 minute allocated time.
- How can I help you: Passenger service agents will be located in the foyer of Parkade 1, ready to assist you should the need arise.
- Up to date flight Information: Flight information display boards are located in the lobby so that you can keep abreast of any unforeseen changes.
- Protection from the weather: The new pick up area is completely undercover.
- Long stay option: Long term parking users will soon have an area dedicated for this purpose, a first for CTIA.
- No tariff changes: Existing parking tariffs don’t change.
Important things to know:
- You are allowed 30 minutes in the pick up and go area, thereafter, a fee kicks in;
- The pick up and go area is meant for that purpose only, not for parking;
- Know the flight arrival time of the person you are collecting;
- Know how to access the ground floor: it’s the first parade as you enter the airport and the entry points for the ground floor are the very first two booms on the left;
- Know how to access the terminal if you intend to meet the passenger inside of the terminal: move through the foyer, turn right and the entrance to the terminal is ahead;
- Parking bays are clearly marked and the pillars are clearly marked;
If you need assistance, please call the Landside Hotline (021) 935 3737
These details were obtained from the ACSA website and are subject to change at anytime. We suggest that you use this as an advisory and confirm all details at the airport.